What Is Black Mold?
Mold is everywhere. SERVPRO of Sussex County has achieved a wealth of experience in the treatment of mold. We treat all types of mold as though they are dangerous. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, has become synonymous with health concerns and we have remediated many properties which have been affected by this type of mold. Black mold can produce allergens and irritants and even possibly more serious health concerns. High humidity and moisture are generally the causes of mold. It is always crucial to have a proper and professional response to any water intrusion so as to avoid the prospect of mold growth. SERVPRO of Sussex County will answer the call!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Sussex County immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (302) 856-9768
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Sussex County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Rehoboth Beach
- Bethany Beach
- Ocean View