Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Sussex County is a perfect breeding ground for mold. Mold spreads fast; typically within 48 hours after a water intrusion. If you suspect that you may have a mold problem; the first thing to do is call SERVPRO of Sussex County. We will arrive in a prompt fashion and inspect the area thoroughly and advise of a plan for remediation. Since mold can sometimes be dangerous; please stay out of the affected areas, turn off your HVAC system and do not touch or disturb the growth. Do not spray bleach or other chemicals on the growth. Typically, a strong odor will indicate unseen growth under carpets or behind drywall. DIY efforts applied to mold are dangerous and you should always consider the risk to your and your loved one's health before tackling mold. SERVPRO of Sussex County will send the professionals to properly and safely restore your home.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (302) 856-9768
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Sussex County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Sussex County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Rehoboth Beach
- Bethany Beach
- Ocean View