Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Step 3 in the water repair and restoration process is water removal and extraction. This step is key to removing the majority of water from your property. SERVPRO of Sussex County will use truck mounted vacuums and powerful pumps to extract what can be volumes up to thousands of gallons of water. At this time a move out or pack out service may be applied to remove and protect your belongings from further damage through the process. The immediate application of the water removal process will next be applied. Structure and material inspections will determine if carpet and pads or flooring should be removed or left in place. The use of high tech tools will generally be used during this phase and they include moisture detectors, hygrometers and other meters as well as the extraction equipment.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Sussex County can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.